Get organized, save money, be happy(ARA) –
A disorganized home wastes time, and time is money. It can be frustrating if you’re constantly misplacing items, throwing out spoiled food that went missing in the kitchen and paying surcharges for unpaid bills that got lost in the shuffle. But it’s easy to put a little happiness back into your life if you just get organized.
Here are some tips for getting your home – and your life – back in order.
Get organized Tackle one room at a time to get a sense of accomplishment right away. The kitchen is a logical place to start since it’s typically the landing place for all things that get dropped while passing through, from cell phones to car keys to school notes. Get rid of visible countertop clutter. Throw out what you don’t need and corral small items in great-looking woven baskets or pottery bowls.
Next, de-clutter behind the scenes in the drawers and cupboards. A few well-chosen cabinet accessories can help you here. A wood cutlery divider added to a crowded utensil drawer will keep your flatware in place, and give you a fighting chance at locating the pie server or pizza cutter. One option is Diamond Cabinet’s easy-access, Wood Tiered Cutlery Divider, which has a top tier that slides back so you can organize more items.
And, if you can’t open a lower cabinet without a pile of pots and pans clattering to the floor, find your headache prevention in the Utility Storage Cabinet With Pot & Pan Pull-Out, featuring both a pot and pan rack and pantry pull-out within one cabinet. Save money Designate a “home office central” so you can keep track of money matters and never miss a bill again. Carve out desk space in the kitchen or family room to sort mail and pay bills as they arrive, or to keep it all in one place until payday arrives. Everyday items can pull double duty to help you organize. Turn an attractive rectangular serving dish into an “inbox” for bills, and let a colorful coffee mug serve as a pen and pencil holder.
While you’re at it, why not use a wine rack to organize bills? A wine cabinet with an open, X-shaped interior can provide fashionable storage for your reds, whites and zinfandels, but it will also work perfectly fine for sorting and organizing bank statements, tax information and charitable contribution receipts. It can serve to sort a variety of other items, from mittens to small toys – just let your imagination be your guide.Be happy As long as you’re making a few changes around the house, kick up your mood with color. Be on the lookout as you organize drawers, cabinets and closets for items that can be used as accessories to brighten up your home – dig out that collection of baseball caps in team colors and display it on pegs in the mudroom; turn a red metal toy truck into a conversation piece for the mantel; re-cover old pillows in fun new colors and throw them on the couch. Cheer up cabinets with fashionable finishes in inspiring colors that make you feel good, such as buttery Honeysuckle, warm Cider, spicy Sangria or the soothing blue-grey tones of Tidal Mist, all from Diamond Cabinets.
Visualize the possibilities at www.diamondcabinets.com . With these simple changes, you’ll not only get organized, but you’ll save money and feel happier about it, too. Courtesy of ARAcontent
Who are we?
- Full construction company, A-Z services
- Residential and commercial contractor
- Top rated builder, remodeler and handyman services
Put your mind at ease
- A licensed General contractor (#870657)
- Fully insured and bonded
- Member of the BBB (A+ Rating)
- Member of NARI
- EPA Lead-Free certified firm
- Best of HOUZZ 2014 Award
What makes us the best
- Professional crews and supervision
- Creative design
- Really caring about our customers
- On time, On Budget
- Using top quality materials and labor
- Featured on KNBC’s Open House TV show
- Chosen as a judge contractor on HGTV
- Selected and performed multiple big-shot commercial projects
- Worked discretely with some of Hollywood’s finest
- Selected to appear on Style TV’s Clean House
Pro Handyman Services
- Done right the first time! Let us tackle your to-do list
- No job is too small or too big for us
- Repairs done on time and on budget
- Doing it right the first time
- Learn more about our Handyman Services
- Keeping our integrity on each and every project
- Building trust and a genuine relationship with our customers
- Creative planning and tight project supervision
- Turning a house into YOUR home