Kitchen decors vary greatly from household to household. There are traditional, country themes with roosters, checkered towels and berry vined wreaths. There are modern, contemporary themes with stainless steel, shiny black accessories and minimalism to the extreme. Finding a balance between the two polar opposites can be challenging if the color of the room lends itself to one look more than the other. For a great neutral color that will add personality to the room without overpowering it, try decorating with sage green in the kitchen.
Sage is a beautiful green shade of color that is warm and inviting. It is undeniably earthy, but it also works with almost any style of cabinetry or countertop. Paint the kitchen walls sage, accented with white baseboards and, potentially, crown molding. The white accents against the sage walls will make the room appear larger by tricking the eye. When choosing sage at the paint store, take the time to look at the wide range of undertones and color variations that are available. For a kitchen with a lot of stainless steel, choose a sage with cool, blue undertones. If the cabinetry is a warm maple, opt for sage with red undertones. Some paint manufacturers offer sample paint that can be used to paint swatches on the kitchen walls. If you are concerned about how the paint will look, invest in a few different shades of sage and test them out in the kitchen.
In most cases, redecorating the kitchen will not involve tearing up the old flooring and laying new tile or laminate. If, however, the option to replace the flooring is there, choose colors that will complement the sage color. Some travertine and marble floors will naturally have a sage color running throughout their patterns. Make sure that the undertones are also the same, so that the room will flow together smoothly. For less expensive flooring ideas, try adding a kitchen mat with sage green accents. A sisal style rug with a sage fabric border is a great choice for a kitchen that has a lot of natural wood accents. Shop around to find the perfect floor accessory for the new sage kitchen.
Never underestimate the power of kitchen accessories to tie a room together. A sage hand towel hung on the oven handle, sage pendant lights suspended over the breakfast island and even a sage colored cookie jar will all help to create a room that is cohesive and visually appealing. For an authentic sage look, consider growing a windowsill herb garden featuring sage. It is a great way to bring the outdoors inside and tie the sage color into the rest of the room. Try shopping at specialty kitchen shops, flea markets, thrift stores and online retailers for the widest selection of sage kitchen accessories.
Decorating with sage in the kitchen is a sure way to create a beautiful and welcoming space. Begin by choosing one key piece, whether it is the wall paint or a countertop canister, and coordinate the room from there. Enjoy the newly decorated space, but do not be surprised if it turns into the most popular room in the house.
Who are we?
- Full construction company, A-Z services
- Residential and commercial contractor
- Top rated builder, remodeler and handyman services
Put your mind at ease
- A licensed General contractor (#870657)
- Fully insured and bonded
- Member of the BBB (A+ Rating)
- Angie's List A Rating
- Member of NARI
- EPA Lead-Free certified firm
- Best of HOUZZ 2014 Award
What makes us the best
- Professional crews and supervision
- Creative design
- Really caring about our customers
- On time, On Budget
- Using top quality materials and labor
- Featured on KNBC's Open House TV show
- Chosen as a judge contractor on HGTV
- Selected and performed multiple big-shot commercial projects
- Worked discretely with some of Hollywood's finest
- Selected to appear on Style TV's Clean House
Pro Handyman Services
- Done right the first time! Let us tackle your to-do list
- No job is too small or too big for us
- Repairs done on time and on budget
- Doing it right the first time
- Learn more about our Handyman Services
- Keeping our integrity on each and every project
- Building trust and a genuine relationship with our customers
- Creative planning and tight project supervision
- Turning a house into YOUR home